Re: Ceiva experiences anyone?

From: Matt Jensen (mattj@newsblip.com)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 11:20:53 PST

But remember that the product concept here is a picture frame.

That means:
1) it shows a picture all the time, 24/7, until a new picture is uploaded.
2) it should fit on a shelf, coffee table, anywhere else a picture frame
goes.
3) it should look like a picture frame (thin, etc.) for familiarity.
4) it should be flicker-free.
5) it should be hands-free.

Making this video-based violates all of those. The limited viewing angle
is less important than the added convenience and sense of familiarity
(Grandma, it's just like a picture frame). I know grandparents who cannot
watch a movie in their VCR unless you come over to help them. They're 80
rather than 65, but still. Asking them to tune their TV into the picture
server when they want to see the grandkids just ain't going to work.

-Matt Jensen
 NewsBlip.com
 Seattle