Re: Most 200{0,1} prescient SciFi author?

From: Dave Long (dl@silcom.com)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 16:29:29 PST

> time carrying on a conversation with other people. I may be buggier
> than the average person in this respect, but I think everyone suffers
> from the same bug to some degree. Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron story
> uses it to dumb down people who are too smart.

If a developer tells you that a feature
is intuitively obvious, ask them to walk
you through it when their attention is
otherwise engaged. (with juggling, TV,
quake, etc.)

-Dave

I believe experiments have shown that one
can visually attend to multiple features,
but only one "object" at a time. I think
expertise often involves chunking so that
what the novice perceives as an attention
thrashing set of independent information
streams is instead perceived as changing
facets of the same whole. Is expertise
partly redoing attention layout to avoid
cache line conflicts?