Re: Organizine shuts down one week after its launch

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 13:57:27 PST

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Rahul Dave wrote:

--]Except when it gets to be really large like a Linux distribution..I still
--]prefer a CD there..for 2 reasons..I support my favorote distribution, and
--]its more than a gig of stuff.

Totoaly agreed here. This is why i based the of OTRee system on passing
around Old Time Radio shows on Cds and not trying to do it via the net.

Folks tried, they tried free servers, geocities, doing it 6-10 shows at a
time. But when you realize that one snailmail bundle of 3 or so cds will
cost you under a buck and net you 1.8 meg of goods...well there ya go.

If you tried to have 110 people (our cuurent memebrship) dling 3 or 4 cds
of otr at a time ..well even my cable modem or dsl would be broke might
quick.

Snailmail and cds are go.

But shrink wrap we aint. Theres no eula or wrapping of shrinkage, just
some cds in sleaves. Much like your above mentioned linux distros.

      /"\ [---=== WSMF ----http://wsmf.doesntexist.com===---]
      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail