Bean Books give away somes tastes.

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 08:11:29 PST

Some authors get it, that treating unfetered file sharing as a possible
entry into the consumers mindspace could boost sales of tangible objects.
The book publisher Bean has opened its web site up to its authors who
would like to make thier works avialble for free to the nets populace. The
Bean Free Library has only a few authors now, but I expect it will grow
over time. Its good to see a publisher make a move like this in a market
full of other companys falling over each other to make proprietary fee
based system and over priced reader devices to peddle thier books.

  http://www.baen.com/library/

"The only "restrictions" we'll be placing is simply that we will encourage
authors to put up the first novel or novels in an ongoing popular series,
where possible. And we will ask authors who are interested not to
volunteer more than, at most, five or six novels or collections at any one
time. "

      /"\ [---=== WSMF ----http://wsmf.doesntexist.com===---]
      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign