Don't Confuse Arrogance with Cronic Correctness. -- sdw

From: Stephen D. Williams (sdw@lig.net)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 19:32:57 PST

I thought the people on this list would like this quote. I came up with it on
a project a couple years ago when my buddy on our consulting team mentioned
that he thought the corporate employees thought we were arrogant. I don't
think they felt that way, but we started joking about it and the above quote
is my condensation of a longer discussion.

My other favorite has been (since I found it in a signature long ago):

The difference between theory and practice in practice is greater than
the difference between theory and practice in theory.

And of course there is:

Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler. -- Albert Einstein.

Any other jems that people like?

sdw

--
sdw@lig.net                 sdw@insta.com                 swilliams@Jabber.com