Re: [CNET] Web services -- a 2001 thing?

From: Mark Baker (mbaker@cpu2164.adsl.bellglobal.com)
Date: Sat Dec 30 2000 - 23:00:32 PST

> > "People already are using the Web for services," said Summit Strategies
> > analyst Dwight Davis. "For example, lots of people are using
> > Hotmail. The question is about the level of integration and
> > sophistication of these Web services."

Give the man a cigar.

Somebody should take all the services at xmethods, and provide an
HTTP GET interface to them. Then we could access all those whizbang
services through a browser and do all those other niceities that
come with having a generic interface to our components. Yes, I
think this could become quite popular. It needs a name though;
how about "The Web"?

MB