RE: The cheapest way in the door of a BBJ...

From: Edward Jung (ed@opendesign.com)
Date: Sat Dec 30 2000 - 03:33:35 PST

Actually the Boeing Business Jet is price competitive with the Gulfstream
G-V or Bombardier GlobalExpress. The BBJ is slightly more expensive to buy
and fuel, and flies slower, lower and not as far, but much cheaper parts and
service costs due to its 737 heritage, and MUCH larger inside (although
surprisingly its required ramp space isn't much different).

A lot of the capital cost difference is due to the larger amount of
furnishing you have to do with the larger interior of the BBJ -- bedroom,
shower, projection TV, etc... ;-)