RE: IBM 76.8Gb ultra dma/100 hard drive at Fry's for $375...

From: Meltsner, Kenneth (Kenneth.Meltsner@ca.com)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 11:18:14 PST

I thought the kidding comment was about Fry's "fast, friendly courteous
service" until I read it a second time.

I saw a terabyte NAS box for $20K -- a price that blew me away. When I was
a junior tape carrier and flunkie at LBL in 1978, I believe our entire tape
library held about a terabyte, kept a couple of operators hopping around
mounting tapes, etc.

Ken