Welcome, Brian Clapper.

From: Adam Rifkin (adam@KnowNow.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 10:19:33 PST

50% of all new FoRK requests don't last a month... good luck, we're with you!

> From bmc@WillsCreek.com Wed Dec 27 10:47:13 2000
> From: Brian Clapper <bmc@WillsCreek.com>
> Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 11:46:43 -0500 (EST)
> To: fork-request@xent.com
>
> Obligatory name-dropping: Chuck Murcko suggested I try subscribing again.
>
> Obligatory introku:
>
> Midnight, already?
> Damn, this thing's all in pieces.
> Just five more minutes...
>
> Brian Clapper, bmc@WillsCreek.COM

----
Adam@KnowNow.Com

Tim Berners-Lee in December 1997: "The Web you see as a glorified television channel today is just one part of the plan. Although the Web was driven initially by the group work need, it is not surprising that the most rapid growth was in public information. Web publishing, when a few write and many read, profited most from the snowball effect of exponentially rising numbers of readers and writers. Now, with the invention of the term 'intranet', Web use is coming back into organisations. (In fact, it never left. There have always been since 1991, many internal servers, but as they were generally invisible from outside the companies' firewalls they didn't get much press!). However, the intuitive editing interfaces which make authoring a natural part of daily life are still maturing. I thought that in 12 months we would have generally available intuitive hypertext editors. (I have stuck to that and am still saying the same thing today!)"

My name is Dave Winer. I have already written quite a bit about The Two-Way-Web and wanted a site where I could write more and to open a platform for other developers who are creating software and systems for The Two-Way-Web.

If you are such a developer, please consider writing a whitepaper-like narrative of your work, post it here, and keep it updated. This could become a place of record for this activity.

-- http://www.thetwowayweb.com/