[Random email from space] Name that tune!

From: Adam Rifkin (adam@KnowNow.com)
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 17:26:51 PST

Ok, there's got to be someone on FoRK that knows what song this guy is
talking about. I haven't got a clue. Please email him directly...

Oh, let's do this as a contest. First prize is dinner with Rohit.
Second prize is a weekend getaway with Rohit. :)

> From traixa@charter.net Thu Dec 21 19:18:40 2000
> From: "James Hrubesky" <traixa@charter.net>
> To: <Adam@knownow.com>
> Subject: i hope you can help me
> Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 19:17:39 -0600
>
> Found your top 300+ lists very interesting. Great guides, just what I
> have been looking for to get nostalgic about mid-90's music that i
> (really) Hold dear. I was living in Minneapolis around then and a lot
> of the Alt-oriented stuff was so 0ne-off, and it's great to see some
> of the titles you've compiled.
>
> The reason I write you:
>
> I cannot remember the title of a song and it is driving me nuts, and I
> thought you might be able to help.
>
> It was spoken word over fairly ambient music, the spoken word portion
> being a young woman recounting her days growing up as a teenager and
> getting her first car, doing drugs etc. The only solid bit i remember
> was the "narrator" talking about dropping acid and riding a bike.
>
> The hell of it is I wasn't very fond of it when it was out. Now not being
> able to find it at all threatens my very sanity.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

----
Adam@KnowNow.Com

Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but, you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.

Neo: What vase?

[Neo turns to look for a vase, and as he does, he knocks over a vase of flowers, which shatters on the floor.]

Oracle: That vase.

Neo: I'm sorry --

Oracle: I said don't worry about it. I'll get one of my kids to fix it.

Neo: How did you know?

Oracle: Ohh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?

-- The Matrix