Re: guns (Re: Cell phones of death!)

From: ThosStew@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 13:49:26 PST

In a message dated 12/21/2000 12:38:28 PM, antoun@arrayex.com writes:

> The fact is
>that "city mice" have the POWER, and they wield it over all the "country
>
>mice" with insufficient knowledge of lives outside their sphere.

actually, you can make a pretty good case that the country mice exercise
power far out of proportion to their numbers. Start with the electoral
college, where South Dakota gets 3 votes though its population should give it
one. Look at the locations of state capitals such as Albany, springfield
Illinoise, etc, deliberately palced away from the major metropolis to reduce
its power; look at such oddities as water rights in the West, where seniority
lets Californians grow rice in the desert with cheap water. Sure, city mice
have more power abolutely, because there are so many many more of them--but
less power per capita (or perhaps I should say tail).