/. IBMs eye tracker

From: Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 08:44:21 PST

(((verry elegantly done. makes me want to hook up my bt484 again)))

http://web.lexis-nexis.com/more/designnews/20453/6674577/4

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/blueeyes/

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/blueeyes/find.html

http://domino.watson.ibm.com/library/cyberdig.nsf/a3807c5b4823c53f85256561006324be/20760027981f06f385256611004b411b?OpenDocument

Here are the misfolded prions:

http://domino.watson.ibm.com/library/cyberdig.nsf/a3807c5b4823c53f85256561006324be/20760027981f06f385256611004b411b/$FILE/pupil.ps

We present a fast, robust, and low cost pupil detection technique that
uses two infra red (IR) time multiplexed light sources, composed of two
rings of 8 LED's each, synchronized with the camera frame rate. One light
source is placed very close to the camera's optical axis, and the second
source is placed off-axis. The pupil appears bright in the camera image
during on-axis illumination (similar to the red eye effect from flash
photography),and dark when illumination is off-axis. The off-axis light
source is calibrated to provide roughly-equivalent whole-scene
illumination. Pupil detection follows from thresholding the difference of
the dark from the bright pupil images. To reduce artifacts caused mostly
by head motion, a larger temporal support is used. This method can be
applied to detect and track several pupils (or several people).
Experimental results from a real-time implementation of the system show
that this technique is very robust, and able to detect pupils using wide
field of view low cost cameras under different illumination conditions,
even for people with glasses, and up to 5m from the camera.

 icbmto:N 48 10'07'' E 011 33'53''        http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204
        ED 90 04 33 EB 74 E4 A9 53 7F CF F5 86 E7 62 9B 57 F9 CF D3