Re: Network World: IMPPlosion

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 11:34:55 PST

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Jeff Bone wrote:

--]
--]Tom Whore wrote:
--]
--]>
--]> The best thing to do, imnsfho, is to build a better protocol (fuck the
--]> commities and standards etc)
--]
--]Ah, geez, not this tired meme again. ;-) Repeat after me: at this point in our
--]technical history, the whole notion of building a better protocol is pointless.

Hush jeff. If the BigBrainians dont have something to tinker with they
will start tinkering with govermental control of behavior they dont
understand. Its far better they stay entangled in mucming around in
protocls that wind up unused in a few months or in obscure minature war
game rules making (dba over tcp :)- )

In short, You gots to give the imates somethign to do or they will get out
of hand.

--]Let's forget all this nonsense and start talking payloads and APIs and the
--]aforementioned other groovy stuff. The LAST thing the world needs is another
--]app-level domain-specific semi-generic quasi-transport!

Everquest **cough* UO *cough* URT *cough*

While folks blow hot and cold smoke up each others anus during thrice
yearly junketes in yet another rubber chicken ramada there IS a section
of thenet reveling in the bounty of the nets usefullness and resources
...usenet *cough*

--]
--]> and get thier user base hooked on it like
--]> little poser goth kids on heroin.
--]
--]Hey now, careful there.
--]

Oh please dont tell me your one of those lanky jet black died haird
wankers with Snuggly Fresh smelling cure t shirts with tour dates on them
from years you were still in diapies and well groomed arms to show off
your brand new tats and tracks.

I would have to cut open your cranium and pour in some bleach "im so
bored im drinking bleach (5 points to the first right answer)" scrub you
clean and fill it with billy bragg and britney spears ( the dualistic
juxtapostional archtypes of socialim and captialism ).

      /"\ [---=== WSMF ----http://wsmf.doesntexist.com===---]
      \ /
       X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \ Against HTML Mail