Re: Russian Collapse

David Crook (dcrook@commwerks.com)
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 14:05:37 -0700

I'm confused, does this mean that one American is definatly going to die
from a Russian Y2K missle strike? Do we get to pick this person?

Dave "You see Mr. Yeltsin, the US actually moved its military command and
control from the pentagon to a large estate near Redmond..." Crook

At 01:44 PM 8/28/98 -0700, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:

>priority in the Russian military doctrine. Finally, add the fact that
>Russian first alert Radar, missile systems, and command and control
>systems are not Y2K protected and any cessation of functioning can
>easily be mis-interpreted as a first strike. So maybe it's only a 1 in
>10 million chance that a Russian ICBM will detonate, a 1 in 50 million
>that it will launch and a 1 in 200 million chance that it will hit
>a US target, but then again, there's 200 million people in the US.

---
David Crook - davec@commwerks.com
CommWerks - Industrial Strength Internet Solutions