FW: Ted Nelson's only Bay Area talk -- August 20

Jim Whitehead (ejw@ICS.uci.edu)
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 12:25:05 -0700

If you've never heard Ted Nelson speak before, you should definitely go out
of your way to do so. I know I can hear you whining, "But Jim, this means I
have to cross the Golden Gate Bridge at rush hour" -- tough! Or, better yet,
take the ferry, and cross the bay in style.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Marlene Mallicoat [mailto:MarleneM@compuserve.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 1998 12:01 PM
To: Blind.Copy.Receiver@compuserve.com
Subject: Ted Nelson's only Bay Area talk -- August 20

oHi, --

Ted Nelson has not lectured in California since 1995, and we don't
know when he will again. (He's now teaching and writing in Japan.)

Ted will speak at the North Bay Multimedia Association in the Atrium at
Autodesk HQ on McGinnis Parkway in San Rafael on Thursday, 20 August, with
the title "WHERE COMPUTERDOM WENT WRONG-- AND HOW TO START OVER."

In addition to Ted's customary wit, iconoclasm and provocation,
the talk will be illustrated with an interactive demonstration of
his new ZigZag(tm) software-- "a multidimensional space for all
human information purposes."

Refreshments: 6 pm.
Talk at 7:15pm
Donation to NBMA, $15