RE: Why Steve is God!

Jim Whitehead (ejw@ICS.uci.edu)
Sun, 9 Aug 1998 13:50:12 -0700

A couple quarters of profit is nice, but in an industry dominated by network
effects, market share is king. I have yet to see any evidence that the Mac
platform is increasing its marketshare in the general PC marketplace.
Unless the Mac increases its overall market share, the final outcome (the
Apple nameplate on PC clones) is inevitable.

Of course, solid financial performance is certainly a necessary step towards
regaining lost market share.

- Jim