Re: [BITS] Sex on the Brain, Deborah Blum

Steve Nordquist (signa@tfs.net)
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 02:32:27 -0500

Tom Whore wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Joe Barrera wrote:
> TByr> > Please, in that case for their first computer, buy them a Mac.
> > Damn. Too late. They both have their own PCs.
>
> Ya gota figure in todays tech ...An Imac would be great for toddlers and
> preschoolers. Theres not much worth breaking,

... How sturdy/waterproof IS that case? I mean, is there one replacablepart
which is both compelling and never reduced completely, like
Tonka's bendy metal parts?

> they gain a sense of the
> underdog by using a platform so few of the folks aorund them use and the
> software is such they can use it by 8 months.

Keep in mind that they can always (ahem) buy that Yellow BoxRhapsody for x86
Dr. Ernie P_ has, or run Inferno (which runs -on
top of- Win95 rather than embedded? "Yeah, our hardware was compromised
utterly, but the Inferno kernel was solid all the time.")

> Wait, thats the exact specs I used....

Gee, I used those specs and got a can of processed cheese.

> Anyway, an imac would be great for a younger kid. But by age 5

Way too late! They'll be trapped in some content IPO.

> "look mommy, I corrupted the registry!!"

"Son, don't let me see you using something by Symantec again,or you'll see
the backside cache only, for a week."