Re: Moral relativism.

Dr. Ernest N. Prabhakar (ernest@pundit)
Tue, 19 Aug 97 08:33:16 -0700

Wayne wrote:
> Ron wrote:
> > Hey, we're all in this boat together! Start bailing.
>
> :-)

Isn't that, start Baisling?

>Hardly worth getting up for on a fine, sunny morning (er, I mean
>during the hours immediately following the rotational positioning
>of a particular earthly locale such that solar photons in the
>so-called visible light range impinge upon that locale, some of
>which reflect off the skin and "hair" (a strange form of spent
>protein growth) of certain mammalian denizens and into the ocular
>orbs of their mates, producing a pattern of nerve excitations
>which frequently leads to ejaculations like "you're beautiful in
>the morning light", and other lies), as if it mattered.

Sniff. Enough to make me miss being a physicist.

>But seriously, seeing my kids, backlit by afternoon sunlight, or
>pondering the intense physical and especially emotional aspects
>of sexuality, it seems unbelievably odd to think of these as mere
>random chance.

I think M Scott Peck makes the same point in the Road Less Traveled.
Lewis or Chesterton say something similar, too. Why do we find sex
both humorous and awe-inspiring, rather than merely mechanical like
the (other) animals? Tim, I think you're the expert here...

>If it's all going to be wiped out for a hyperspace bypass, what
>was the point? BTW, the answer's 137 now.

What is that, inflation? And just over a factor of three?

~ immortal revisal ~ ream mall visitor ~ I'm Mrs. Alleviator
~ I rival Maelstrom
~ Mr. Emil Salivator ~ I'm alarmist lover ~ immortal as liver
~ ravel immoralist

Whew, nice to see a few invariants still hold in the FoRK universe.

-- Ernie P.

---
Dr. Ernest N. Prabhakar	    NeXTmail:ernest@alumni.caltech.edu
"And ourselves, your servants for Jesus' sake." -- II Cor 4:5b
http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~ernest/Home.htmld/index.html