Re: Moral relativism.

CobraBoy! (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 14:19:32 -0700

At 01:56 PM 8/18/97 -0700, Dr. Ernest N. Prabhakar wrote:

>>>But I'd rather live here, now, than at any other place and
>time in history. The future might be more interesting, though. I do
>think that there will be a grand reckoning in the end. <<
>
>Amen.

Well that is an interesting statement. The question has to be, based on
that, does the almighty power really care two about a mortal finite soul? I
have trouble believing that such a power can even understand a mortal being
such as ourselves. It's blowing up a balloon in a two dimensional world.

[ramble on]

It's like Philip K. Dick points out in a short story. Briefly put two
people are on a joint space mission. Us and the Alien. The Alien race
introduces a strong hallucination to the human. In it the humans version of
God devours the human. The human is so freaked out by this that they kill
themselves. We get upset with the alien race for being "barbaric." They
explain that no offense was meant and that having the almighty devour the
human was in their race the highest form of complement. When the humans
explained that in our race we eat our Lord, the aliens we aghast and
realized that humans just didn't get it.

[ramble off]

So I guess my point is what point will the reckoning take? God doesn't
"punish" anything on this planet. Certainly I guess with enough LSD you
could imaging something like a volcano as punishment on the bad bad island
of Monsureat, but that is a little far fetched. So after we're reckoned
with what will happen? The good ones get to become angels? The bad ones are
left behind to be Microsoft customer support people?

Tim

--

This email was successfully sent using Microsoft Windows 95 and Eudora Pro. That fact alone, proves that miracles do happen.

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <>