Undeliverable: Here comes Microsoft Rhapsody

CobraBoy! (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 13:53:57 -0800

Earthlink or something screwed the pooch on this, however a little defense
is needed here.

> From: System Administrator <postmaster@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
> To: tbyars@earthlink.net
> Subject: Undeliverable: Here comes Microsoft Rhapsody
> Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 13:46:57 -0700
>

> Don Crabb's analysis is easily the stupidest thing I've read this month.
> My favorite line is: "Microsoft will need a totally new and scalable OS
> beyond Windows 98 and NT 5.0."
>
> Did it ever occur to him that NT *is* a scaleable OS. That it's lack of
> scalability compared to Unix is caused by its relative immaturity, not
> to any lack of planning by Dave Cutler's team.

No, it would never occur to Don.

> I think this shows a curious form of projection by Mac-philes. Crabb
> knows that MacOS 8 is a dead-end OS (the old plan of supporting
> pre-emptive multi-tasking with Copland then Gershwin would have broken
> every application and extension.) So, he projects this inadequacy on
> other OS vendors in a vain hope that they're at the same dead-end. JoeB
> probably can't say anything, but I'm sure there is a big team at MSFT
> working on enhancements that won't make it into NT 5 and instead will be
> NT 6 or 7.

Please Dan, do NOT associate all Mac users with Don Crabb. As I mentioned,
and I have to truly believe, MacWeek keeps him around as a joke.

>> Don is always good for a laugh.

Tim

-

Lets put the *fun* back in dysfunctional...

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <>