Re: Love is the drug. What is the disease?

spunkanado (tomwhore@interport.net)
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 21:03:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Kristin Buxton wrote:

> living "by default" as you put it. "By default" to me implies having other
> people make the decisions for you (ie, the people who go to med school only
> because their parents tell them to, etc)

Ther are those who need to plot out each breath and every little movement,
totime each event as if the schedule of life had been preordained and is
now being acted out in accordence with some chronological diligence.

Others just need to know whats next.

Yes, the other extreem of that is to wander aimlessly like some half hemp
heavied hippy birkenstocking it accross Hawthorne waiting to hear a Dead
tune from some passing car radio.

But these are two shock extreems on the ends of a true color pallete of
options.

Me, I like things not so clear as to be boring. I like the twists life
has splayed out before me. I like the fact that I can bob and weave states
of mind and ride the white water rapids of living. I mean imagine the
planning it would have taken that would have purposefully lead me from
Thatlistwhcihshallnotbenamed to fork.

> One way to look at it: The people who KNOW where they're going are drivers on
> an interstate, driving from point A to point B. Some of the people who aren't
> as certain may also eventually get from point A to point B but take a
> combination of the interstate, state highways, city streets, and maybe a train
> or bus in there somewhere. Sure, they won't get to point B as fast, but they
> might see a lot of interesting things on the way.

I like this. Thats why I always keep a tri-met schedule at hand.