Re: Denial isn't just a river in Egypt

From: edward@jungco.com
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 11:38:43 PDT

avid stazer)>, "chrissm@microsoft.com (christopher smith)" <chrissm@microsoft.com (christopher smith)>, "donbrad@microsoft.com (don bradford)" <donbrad@microsoft.com (don bradford)>, "tschlein@kpcb.com (ted schlein)" <tschlein@kpcb.com (ted schlein)>, "jim.edlin@webmond.com" <jim.edlin@webmond.com>

One of the unfortunate things I've discovered about media corporate execs is that a high fraction of them appear to have =
low opinions of the user base.

I've met Redstone, Malone, Ovitz, and Diller. They let slip a surprising disdain for the very users that made them their =
money; phrases like "trailer trash", "idiots", and "suckers" come to mind.

As long as as an exec feels superior to his user base, denial comes easily.

Edward