UDDI

From: sramjee@hss.hns.com
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 00:35:03 PDT

NEW PROTOCOL FROM MICROSOFT, IBM AND ARIBA FOR EASIER E-BUSINESS
The Economic Times - 5th Sept
[...]
Three high-tech companies have teamed up to provide online
businesses with a common language for finding each other
and conducting transactions over the Internet. Microsoft
Corp, IBM Corp and Ariba Inc have teamed up to create the
Universal Description, Discovery and Integration (UDDI)
protocol, which is due to be released at the end of the
month.
[...]

Have not been able to lay my hands on anything reasonable
on the web regarding this... Is this part #1 of a FUD
strategy that may ultimately lead to some bs2bs efforts
or what? I shuddi to think about that...

__ramjee.