Re: Huge drivespace Re: computing budgeting (fwd)

From: David Crook (David.Crook@Farmclub.com)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 20:38:27 PDT

At 10:54 PM 9/6/00 -0400, Brian Atkins wrote:
>Does anyone think that in the near future, the coming of multi-terabyte
>cheap hard drives will lead to any new business models? Will shipping
>hard drives full of data to people replace the Internet because last mile
>bandwidth may not keep up? I'm thinking by 2004? What would you do with
>10TB 3.5" drives that cost $500 each?

Based on normal human behavior, I would guess that that kind of space would
be used for pirated MP3's, DVD movies and porn.

Hey, that could be a hot new business idea, shipping harddrives full of
mediocre porn that would save people the effort of downloading it from
usenet. Something like, oh, I don't know, stickydrive.com,
naughtydrive.com. We could even strike a delivery deal with Kozmo or
similar outfits. "We will have porn to your door in 30 minutes or its free!"

This sounds like a winner, can someone on the list get me some VC money

Just wait for the 30 second superbowl commerical and the Thanksgiving
parade floats!!

Dave