Re: [HTTPfutures] Dan Connolly on HTTP goofs and musings / Two Way Web

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 16:11:37 PDT

Needless to say this was discussed to death in the two years we've been
working on this stuff.

My pov: XML-RPC is exactly equivalent to CGIs. If you want to know what's
going on you have to look at the body of the HTTP message.

SOAP, because it doesn't specify a transport, is different. I don't
understand all the issues, and I think this is where some of the concerns on
the xml-dist-app list have come from.

My two cents, ymmv, fyi, wadr, ianal, etc.

Dave