E-commerce software

From: Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endtech.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 08:37:08 PDT

Dear Sirs,

I am writing you to alert you to a problem with your online
site and the subsequent rude customer service that I received
while placing an order this morning.

I recently attempted to purchase 3 Net pens from your site @$99/each.
Your e-commerce software that you use doesn't take American Express, so
I chose to use my Mastercard Debit card. As it was a debit
card and not a credit card, the numbers weren't within
the accepted range of numbers, my online order kept returning illegal
credit card information.

Seeing the "We're here to help" customer service number, I called
1.800.722.1719. The customer service I then receive was nearly
hostile. The operator was unwilling to help, unwilling to listen to
my problem, and told me that the problem needed to be dealt with
my credit card company. I then asked if I could order these products
over the phone and I was told that I could not. Rather than
taking the feedback on their software, the representative
claimed that "people use MasterCard all the time on their site, and
although they've had problems with Discovery and American Express,
they take Mastercard.

Asking if there was anyone else there I could speak with, I was then transferred to the
Consumer Relations department.

They were able to answer the questions I needed about their site
and service and complete the transaction over the phone. I am happy
to say that this other department was able to overturn the
disappointment and frustration through their willingness to
address my concerns rather than dismissing them. Your company
has a set of interesting and unique products, but please consider
my humble suggestion to back your products up by improving your customer
service by educating them to the limitations of your own software
and proper CRM etiquette.

Thanks,

Greg

--