Re: Mind Bombs for Y2K

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 22:44:35 PDT

I am familiar with InfoDepot. Perhaps if their users hadn't been such
skinflints and had paid a reasonable price for the software you'd be happy
now, instead of having orphaned software.

I opened a discussion group on outliners.com (InfoDepot is an outliner) and
so much whining you see there! These people are reallllly cheap, and at the
same time they bitch about the companies going under. I haven't told these
people that Radio UserLand is an outliner, because all they would do is
present me with infinitely detailed feature lists and then tell me if I do
all that, they'll pay me $19.95 and want free updates for life. Pardon me,
but what a bunch of cheapskates. Who would want to make software for them.

Dude, the Cluetrain goes both ways. You want the software. Pay for it.

Dave