Re: [Street.com] Krispy Kreme Heats Up

From: JTS - MCDLXXXVI (jts7@duke.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 10:32:32 PDT

To offer a more neutral and yet equally useless data point:
I lived in Buffalo for a time, and so while it is very much like
being Canadian, it comes without the bias and general cleanliness. I
enjoyed the several Tim Horton's in BFLO (3 that I frequented, sure there
are more), and of course in my time as a Southerner relished the Krispy
Kreme Experience.

Tim Horton's certainly does win in the "variety" category, but the nod
must go to Krispy Kreme in "quality". This cult-like devotion to KK is
not random phenomenon, but truly a simple expression of the near divine
level of experience. Almost Gnostic was their first choice of name, but
(A) it wasn't alliterative, and (B) it didn't include any K's, and K's are
Funny.

I can't comment on the coffee, as I don't drink the stuff.

So, if you gotta have a different donut daily, or you enjoy Cherry
Sticks, or you're habitually nice and like an orderly room, then by all
means support Tim Horton's. KK, like today's market, runs on suspension
of rationality and rabid bandwagoning. Ooooooh yeah.

        JTS
(currently languishing in the Dunkin Donuts Domination known as Boston)
(where can I get a decent donut around here? Mark?)