Re: [Street.com] Krispy Kreme Heats Up

From: Janie Wilkins (wilkins@princeton.lib.nj.us)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 09:08:21 PDT

> In a message dated 8/24/2000 6:54:05 PM, joelinda1@home.com writes:
>
> >We're deprived of Krispy Kremes up here in Canada. Are they really
> >*that* good?

They are good, no doubt about it, but IMHO they are not *that* good. Indeed,
having just returned from a 10 day visit home to see my family in Canada in
which I sampled donuts daily, I would have to say that Krispy Kreme donuts can
not (in general) hold a candle to those served by Tim Horton's in our home and
native land. One of the things I miss most about Canada is Tim Horton's and
their fine coffee and donuts -- one of the other things is not being able to
buy Shreddies, my favourite cereal.

I would have to say that a Cherry Stick donut from Horton's is about the best
thing in all the world of donuts (although some would argue that it is not a
donut since it is not round in shape, I tend to disagree and classify it as a
member of the donut family). I have yet to find a donut shop in the USA that
even sells cherry sticks let alone a cherry donut! The first thing I do when I
arrive in Canada is head straight for the nearest Tim Horton's -- there coffee
is equally amazing! Yup, when it comes to donuts, Canadians still serve them
up best! We have more variety, flavours, and shapes in Canadian donut shops
than in any donut shop I have encountered while living in the USA! Tim Hortons
<http://www.timhortons.com> has 1,700 plus locations across Canada and is
starting to franchise in the USA. I, for one, look forward to having a Tim
Horton's in Princeton!

Diva

p.s./ here is some trivia: Tim Horton was an NHL hockey player who played 22
years for the Maple Leafs. He was killed in a car accident in 1974.