Re: Survivor, by request from Adam, $FNF

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 03:48:28 PDT

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Jeff Bone wrote:

> While we're on the topic, I'm emotionally devastated. I didn't get
> a callback on my SII application. They *need* the
> .com-whizkid-netrepreneur archetype represented, and damn I would've
> fit the bill. More, I'm sure that I would've landed the host job on
> Destination Mir after SII. ;-) :-) I think my tape rocked the free
> world, just based on the other aud.tapes I've seen; guess my
> schtick as the "antisurvivor" --- even -w- the BDS&M bits --- didn't
> fly. I'd post it, but the .avi (ask me why, I dunno) is over 700MB.
> Anybody know how to turn the barf that video editors spew into
> something net.useful?

*cites you for 76 column violation*
(and the rest of you too!)

Even I watched, it's finally over, woohoo...

This is one of those things I doubt is repeatable to any degreee even
close to the first. Now everyone knows the rules, that it's man vs man
not man vs nature. The mystery is gone, and you'll see the next 16
people start out with manipulation and tretchery (meaning, they will
play the _real_ game) from the start. Based on people's reactions to
Richard, willing to do whatever it took, watching 16 people do that
isn't gonna be popular... or maybe it will, soap operas and wrestling
seem to be the level of utter crap the public likes.

- Adam L. Beberg
  Mithral Communications & Design, Inc.
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/
  beberg@mithral.com - http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/