Re: O'Reilly, again

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 06:11:48 PDT

Both are used to create websites with easy browser-based interfaces.

We actually held back features to keep from competing directly with Blogger.
They're popular, there's cross-over in our user bases, and we want to work
collaboratively with them, we want to see them succeed, because the market
needs more than one player if there are going to be standards on how these
things work.

That's true in almost everything that we do, btw, we invest in our
competition, and we'll continue to do so, because it's the right thing to
do. For every one of these events, there are a hundred others where the
trust is rewarded. I wish people would realize that we have more to
accomplish by working with each other instead of trying to "beat" someone
else.

About Radio UserLand and Linux, I don't know. It'll be a fairly big job. But
the Mozilla guys are going after us, with our blessing, and they run on
Linux.

Dave