What is RDF?

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 20:03:49 PDT

Tomorrow I want to run a survey on Scripting News asking what RDF is.

dave@userland.com/whatIsRdf">http://surveys.userland.com/surveys/run/dave@userland.com/whatIsRdf

You all presumably know that I don't like RDF. I'm most likely to vote for
the "Guha Retirement Plan" choice. But I know other people like RDF. I just
never understand their reasons why.

I hope to start a discussion that instead of rambling all over the map into
someday panaceas that depend on a lot of magic, and focus on what RDF can do
for us today, and what the costs assosicated with that are, so intelligent
busy people can make a decision.

And so if it turns out that RDF is too complicated by two orders of
magnitude (another choice), we can figure out how to deliver the benefits it
promises without compromising simplicity and without having to wait for
magic to happen.

Thanks for your help, I hope to learn a lot through this process.

Dave