Re: The Fabric of Reality...

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 12:15:50 PDT

> We have no idea whether or not said Singularity already exists and is
> responsible for presenting us with the Multiverse.

We're on the same wavelength, Kent. The Ship of Theseus and similar
arguments demonstrate that it's impossible to tell and arbitrarily
sophisticated simulation from "the real thing;" indeed, the whole
question is probably metaphysically and tautologically meaningless.
That's one reason why I don't think my "simulate your dead parents"
counter was such an absurd response to Gordon's challenge.

jb