Re: Zeciousness Re: Taking the billion? Re: Gedankenexperiments

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 12:15:38 PDT

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Jeff Bone wrote:
--]
--]Your goal was what exactly? To defend art and truth and beauty from such crass, basic philosophical
--]cretinism that would lead one to assert "there's nothing in life that money can't buy?"
--]

Im all for great deabtes. Ilove to watch as well as participate in them.
Unfortunatley when one sides starts teh debate with the attitude of "I am
the shinny center of every true thing, you will revolve around me or
suffer me calling them nanaheads" then its not much of a debate then, is
it?

Debates should educate, not seek to send the other side to a Reeduecation
camp. Debates should inform more than send down dictates. Debates should
challenge the participiants to rise to the call not so much to subjigate
one or the other but to raise each other up to a common ground of
understanding.

I liked how this one started. Perhaps if we can roll back a few posts we
can pick it up again.

Second times a charm folks..

"I got a new word as well...ok its not so new, but its a good word.
JABRONI as in "Laying the smacketh down on the candy assed Jabroni""

    [---===tomwhore@ []wsmf.org []inetarena.com []slack.net===---]
                   WSMF's web site ----http://wsmf.org