Money can't buy the Sun?

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 11:34:17 PDT

E.'s thread has me thinking, in fact, there are certain "commons" such
as the Sun which have a real impact on [my] life and which can and
should and do stand outside the sphere of the "owned." Since they
cannot be owned, even infinite money cannot buy them. So I revise my
assertion the other day, much to Gordon's and my own chagrin: there
are things that (even infinite) money can't buy.

Geez, this is all eventually going to devolve into some kind of
"Tragedy of the Commons" thing, isn't it? Actually, it has already,
hasn't it? Does anybody get the feeling that there is a finite set of
"bottom" arguments underlying all human philosophy?

;-)

jb