Re: Taking the billion?

From: Kragen Sitaker (kragen@pobox.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 11:30:38 PDT

Dave Winer writes:
> > Speak for yourself! <arf!> <arf!> <arf!> <arf!>
>
> I love this list!
>
> How come it doesn't flame out?

Well, you should read the archives of a couple of years ago, when Tim
Byars, Lloyd Wood, and Tomwhore all tore into each other on a regular
basis --- and most newcomers, too. The majority of the list has been
here since then, and so we have a relatively high tolerance for
flames.

Various people have left the list because of flames. There have been
several FoRK forks, partly to avoid flames: dist-obj,
bits@kragen.dnaco.net, (apparently) bitts@egroups.com, etc. But FoRK
is still here.

The answer, I guess, is that flaming out is not necessarily the end of
the list.

I've been on polite lists, and I like them. But polite lists don't
have Tomwhore :)

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves
possess.
                -- Gandalf the Grey [J.R.R. Tolkien, "Lord of the Rings"]