Re: FUM was Re: Ellison on Loserhood

From: Robert S. Thau (rst@ai.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 09:20:01 PDT

Jeff Bone writes:
> Strata Rose Chalup wrote:
> > I'd promise to do useful and interesting things, at least by my
> > definition, and to produce a detailed monthly report on what I'm doing
> > and why someone might care.
>
> Okay, you get the job. Where do we ("The Global Progress for Humanity
> Foundation, i.e. GloPfHumf") send the checks? ;-) ;-)

Gee, can I apply for this position? Samples of work: Apache 1.0
webserver API, more recently, hacktivism on the DVD/DeCSS front. See

  http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/rst/dmca/auth/auth.html

(If anyone's curious, the trial is over, both sides have filed law
briefs, which look like they're arguing two different cases, and we're
waiting for the judge's verdict --- it's a bench trial --- probably
sometime this week. It is likely to go against Goldstein and 2600,
based on reading of such tea leaves as have judge slipped from the
judge's robe, but it will certainly be appealed either way).

rst