Re: Web Technologies in a Tailspin (was Re: Uncle Dave ponders themeaning of namespaces)

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 15:24:31 PDT

> Standards like Schemas,
> namespaces, and XML-RPC/SOAP will be great for complex B2B applications,

I think it's a mistake to lump together XML-RPC and SOAP. These are *not* the
same things, really; the leveraged use of namespaces and all the other
extraneous crap in SOAP makes it much less amenable to casual use. (No offense
to Dave intended; I think it's a sad testament to the corrupting influence of
Microsoft to guage the "complexity creep" between the beautiful simplicity of the
early XML-RPC documents and today's SOAP documents.)

jb