RE: Uncle Dave ponders the meaning of namespaces

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 11:32:14 PDT

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Dan Brickley wrote:

--]internationalised content, you name it. By "don't understand" all I mean
--]is that core XML, without schemas, xlinks, namespaces, whatever, does
--]itself have plenty of subtle corners that you can't infer if you learn
--](as most of us do) to hack it by copying example snippets. Not the end
--]of the world, but something to bear in mind when appealing to
--]simplicity: we have empirical evidence that RSS, simple though it is,
--]is not being implemented as an XML application in a fair % of systems.

Adopt Adapt Advance

Sort of the same as Explore Expand Evolve

which goes to the hear of the Three I's

Intelligence Integrity and Ingenuity

Also remeber, the code you snip form somone else was also snipped from
somewhere else etc etc etc. think viri, think saftey...one word for you
son...plastics.

Also remeber the lessons learned about tool sets and the mass of coders.
They are lazy and easily amused by shinny skinable front ends. Make a good
solid set of tools, wrap it in a multitude of apps, one for each platform
maybe one for each mindset, and let it rip for low cost and high
visability. Hell, ship it to gates and see if he will assimulate it into
the collective.

remeber if the borg were made up of nothing but hanson fans the whole
battle of Wolf 351 would have been much much diffenernt.

"we are floopy hair of borg, you guys wana jam with us on our new tracks?"

    [---===tomwhore@ []wsmf.org []inetarena.com []slack.net===---]
                   WSMF's web site ----http://wsmf.org