Re: Web Technologies in a Tailspin (was Re: Uncle Dave ponders the meaning of namespaces)

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 11:22:24 PDT

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Dave Winer wrote:

--]BK, I'm listening to a great song this morning, Englishman in New York by
--]Sting.
<rant>

"Elvis was a hero to most but he doesnt mean shit to me" Chuck D

The things that make this whole topic of interest is the old days thinking
that the folks in the trenches are seeking crumbs from the tables of the
masters.

"I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence" TotD

Thing is that is not the case anymore. If Apcahe and the like has shown
us anything is that if the spirit is willing the body politic most follow.
Apache was an also ran, it was not MS IIS it was not Lotus Domnino It was
not whatever Large Corporate Web Server was being sold to IT wonks who sit
behind large stacks of PC Weeks and ZD Dead Paper Clippins. Apache was not
the obvious child.

Didnt matter. Nope. Cause apache had the spiritus sanctum in namina hackum
and rockidly rolldidly. IN short it was a case of Bawitdaba da bangdabang
niggie diggie diggie sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie Versus Boring
Excuse Driven IT WOnkery.

Now I know this is an oversimplification spoken to a crowd who loves to
complicate everything to the point of 8 rounds of white papers and a
drafting commitie just to decide who is going to go out and get the
bagels...but listen for a sec.

Just Do It...

Just grab the tools you want and use the standards you want and work the
way your heart says and fuck all if it wont work out,.

So this is a rah rah lets go team rant. Sue me. I want each of you
brianiac mother fuckers to not settle for what you think is going to get
the ok stamp for the bony fingers of Fate. Stand your asses up and out in
the wind and demand this shit run the way it needs to run by actualy
running it.

Lots of you are in postion to put into play the very midsets that need to
be in place to keep this whole shithouse chaosstorm running like the grand
roller coaster of education and excitment it is.

Who the hell cares if low level front page using "web designers" will
balk. Who the fuck died and put them in charge. You knwo what is the worst
that will happen? One of you will create a program to hide the good stuffs
from thier poor unenlightened eyes and sell it for a mint .

"Jack (voice over)--
Tyler sold the soap to department stores at twenty bucks a Bar. God knows
what they charged. How ironic. We were selling rich women their own fat
asses back to them."
http://www.crosswinds.net/%7Efilmhouse/scripts/fight_club.html

Let them eat gui. Fuck..let them drown in over priced gui front ends all
they want. In a guigui world its the person who can use Vi/pico (lets not
jihad this point and just say Text Editors) that will rule the world.

As Kurt Angle (americas olympic gold medalist in wrestling) would
say.."its true...its true"

COme on folks. We hoisted apache on the world. We fucking biotched slapped
the middle man industry into a state of legalstupor with some of the tech
being built. Some of you have written the very things that scare teh shit
out of middle men, it wonks, web "designers" and lazy know wverything do
nothing "tech" experts.

Your worried about what will become of the web? I think its more aptly put
that those addicted to and dependent onthe web are worried what YOU
are going to do to it.

"MORPHEUS
Do you think my being faster, stronger has anything to do with my
muscles in this place? Do you believe that's air you are breathing now?
If you can free your mind, the body will follow."
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Capsule/8448/Matrix.txt

We are not the aliens here.

So theres your choice.
Define the battlefield, engage at the most adventagous moments, kill
all those who stand up against you and cry victory in the face of the
loosers...
Or
Go Down Swinging
Or
Bend Over

"Live forever apes.Roughnecks HOOOOOOO! " Lt. Razak

--]PS: "A gentleman will walk but never run."

"yo bumrush the stage" PE

"And this is for the questions that don't have any answers
The midnight coders and the topless dancers
The gang of freaks, rigs of liquid nitrogen beekers
The Gs with the Startaqs and the chicks with beepers
The Northern Lights and the Southern Comfort
And it don't even matter if your securitys punctured
All the evercrackheads, the critics, the cynics
And all my heros in the Well Formedness Clinic
All you bastards at the ZDnet
For theclueless reviewers and the cluttered desks
For the shots of jack and the caps of xpreso
Half pints of love and the fifths of stresso
For the IPOers all trickin out in valley
And for the os's of the world misunderstood
I said it's all good and it's all in fun
Now get in the pit and try to love someone!" reworked KidRock

</rant>