Re: Web Technologies in a Tailspin (was Re: Uncle Dave ponders the meaning of namespaces)

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 09:01:53 PDT

BK, I'm listening to a great song this morning, Englishman in New York by
Sting.

"I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien, I'm an Englishman in New York"

http://www.math.uni-goettingen.de/engehaus/de/songs.htm#s1

Lots of great lines that apply to this debate. "Be yourself no matter what
they say."

BK, here's the deal. No big companies are needed. What's needed are great
tools. We're in another big route-around period. Routing-around a lot of
rich companies fighting over something they cannot have, control of the
future.

The future controls itself. Us little fish don't have to get flushed down
the toilet if we rememeber that while we're aliens, we're *legal* aliens.

Dave

PS: "A gentleman will walk but never run."