Re: Cancer@home

From: Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 16:07:19 PDT

Adam L. Beberg writes:
> How about some Protein folding? Close enough? It's just getting going...
> http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/Cosm/
> You have a good gut, but you may want to have that twitch checked out.

I'm missing technical details on "distributed dynamics".

Are your proteins in water? I don't see it. Your proteins are also
very small, they're essentially peptides.

I presume you're not distributing the system spatially (because
typical Internet latencies suck in comparison to a switched Beowulf),
so you're essentially doing a number of runs with slightly differing
initial conditions in parallel, is this correct?

A very interesting project, but a bit sketchy on details what is being
done.