Re: Software and the First Amendment

From: Lucas Gonze ((no)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 09:24:11 PDT

I couldn't agree more that Bugtraq is legitimate - protected -
speech. To me this shows that the issue is genuinely difficult.

Let's say one person writes code that automatically harvests and runs
exploits posted to bugtraq. Then another person, a black hat, posts an
exploit for the sake of having it run by the harvester. Is the poster
protected by the law?