RE: More Napster Pablum

From: Hokkun Pang (hpang@flycast.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 09:02:49 PDT

I was just thinking. If I owe a song, wouldn't I be entitled to make a
copy? Wouldn't I be entitled to play it 24 hours a day? Wouldn't I be able
to share it as long as I can guarantee that only one copy is played at the
same time?

There are 24 hrs in a day, so if a song is 5 minutes long, each legal copy
could be shared up to 288 times.

So instead of fighting over the copyright law, perhaps Napster, in
partnership
with RealNetwork, can implement a sound scheme to share music so that
someone
who wants to listen a song once a day only needs to pay 1/288 of the cost.