Re: Tired of Napster, new thread... Survivor

From: Rafe Colburn (rafeco@rc3.org)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 07:14:30 PDT

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 08:47:40AM -0400, Jay_Thomas@putnaminv.com wrote:

> :Jeff Bone <jbone@jump.net>
> :So, is it just me, or is anybody else here totally enthralled by
> :Survivor?
>
> ---I'd say it's not "just you", judging by their ratings, but it sure as
> hell ain't me. I caught the second episode, and that was enough. What a
> thoroughly annoying bunch of losers. Survivors? If it weren't for the crew,
> and all the stuff they were/are given, none of those idiots, except maybe
> the ex-SEAL would've survived a week! It's MTV's "Real World" with a few
> old farts thrown in to broaden the demographics. Oooh, drama! Will the
> bible-thumper and the queer get along? Can the city folk and the country
> folk work together? Will the women stick together aginst the men? Please!

 The game is definitely more about surviving the political atmosphere
than it is about surviving the wilderness, but I think it's pretty fun,
even though they've already gotten rid of nearly all of the interesting
people.

 Rudy (the old ex-SEAL) isn't the only bonafied survivor, though. Gretchen,
who was voted off a few weeks ago, actually taught survival courses to
members of the Air Force. Greg was also involved with a survival program
of some sort. Most of the rest of them would have never made it in the
wilderness, I don't think.

 But, once you get past the fact that it's not about wilderness survival
skills, the show is interesting, at least to me.

 --Rafe

--
rc3.org Daily
http://rc3.org