Re: [Microsoft] SOAP and "The trouble with firewalls"

From: Steve Dossick (sdossick@ipal.com)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 07:52:15 PDT

Not only ought you be able to, there's off-the-shelf software to do it:

http://www.gnu.org/software/httptunnel/httptunnel.html

I've used this to ssh out from behind a really bad firewall. Since it uses
protocol-correct http (via proxies) there's really no way to stop it, except
to block outgoing connections to the remote host in question.

You can also set it up to send headers which look like IE or Netscape, so
it's very difficult to track down.
-s