TWIST'ing the Knife

From: Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@ics.uci.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 01:46:23 PDT

Quick and dirty from the field.

Adam Rifkin -4K wrote:
> http://www.isr.uci.edu/events/twist/twist2000/
>
> Greg or Lucas or Beberg or Jim or anyone else there, how about posting a
> summary of what's been going on for those of us too busy to attend?

Rohit gave a most amazing talk on Munchkins and tied in
the surveys of WISEN'98 event notification, TWIST'99 namespaces,
and TWIST'2K decentralized services. All the 60+ VCs
in the audience waved blank checks under his nose.

8-)

> ----
> Adam@4K-Associates.com
>
> Giving people easy tools that publish and link over persistent net
> connections is the next step, imho. Napster blew that door open. The
> technology industry was reluctant to go there. Looking for the next
> level of growth, we're not that timid any more. (This is good!)
> -- Dave Winer
Giving people easy tools that publish and link over non-persistent
net connections is the next step, imho.

> If you want to be in P2P you'd better have good desktop tools, depth in
> protocols, and good content management, and a great server-side, and on
> and on.
> -- Dave Winer
Move the mountain to Mohammed. What does "server-side" reall mean in P2P?