B2C, B2B, P2P

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 00:35:39 PDT

Well, lets see...

B2C
  Dying, and on it's last legs. This model flopped, someone else is
  always faster and cheaper, usually the local merchant. Intensive
  brand anti-loyalty training of users was the key piece here,
  backfired just a tad. Agents put the nails in the coffin. Oops.
  We ment don't be loyal to them, you should be loyal to us, we can have
  it in your hands only 24 hours later then if you venture into the big
  blue room.

B2B
  Fading away. The people that would have used these services decided to
  join with competitors instead. This nuked all the middlemen, even
  the old ones, in the process. This is the final wave of people trying
  to be middlemen by eliminating them. Oops. Didn't think the customers
  would turn on us, we're better middlemen, really, wait... come back.

P2P (i.e. C2C)
  Hype alert. Ride the wave baby. This term has somehow poped up in
  a half dozen inbox emails today. When the Napster CEO has to dodge a
  question from a senator about "how exactly are you gonna make any
  money, ever", you know it's over before it started. Users are
  trained that paying for products or entertainment is just not cool
  anymore, and now they are trying to charge for what was free
  yesterday. Oops. What do you mean we cant govern anarchy?

Since C2B isn't really applicable to anything I can think of, we're out
of models. What's left, other then the B2F thing. P2P won't stay hyped
long, place your bets on the next wave.

- Adam L. Beberg
  Mithral Communications & Design, Inc.
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/