Re: [NYT] Microsoft to Reward Its Technical Elite

From: Chris Olds (cco@dydax.com)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 12:27:51 PDT

http://scriptingnews.userland.com/stories/storyReader$843

I know it's Dave's job to post links to Userland, but this does answer the
question.
From my point of view, it's a retention aid; after all, when a Senior Engineer
only needs 5 years of experience, what do you call the guys with 15+ who are
still getting stuff done? I know some of the guys on this list are real
standouts, but I also suspect that there was a bit of political maneuvering over
who got this title; I'll stop at saying that I don't view all of the people on
the list with the same level of esteem.

    /cco