Re: Interesting question

From: Brian Atkins (Jutta.Stoeckel@t-online.de)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 16:09:08 PDT

All of those take less than 10mbit or 1/100th of the gigabit/sec proposed...
Even if you do HDTV level videoconferencing with multiple participants you
aren't going to break 100mbit (not to mention that the cameras would cost
a crapload of $$$). So it doesn't appear that the average human is capable
of individually generating or consuming more than 100mbit/sec ? It would
have to be some kind of software under their control doing someting for
them to really suck up that much bandwidth. They could run a warez server,
or run a Beowulf/cluster that is in multiple physical locations.